Saturday, April 7, 2012

How many red flags should a person tolerate

I just ended a 5 month relationship, I should have ended two months ago. Having had several people, whom I've befriended, reveal themselves as bonifide psycho or worse, I hesitate to believe the law of averages has brought me, yet another. They can't all be crazy? Can they? This is Hollywood, after all. The pool of narcissism is over flowing, here. Just this week, I met a fat, old, druggie, slob, who raved about his days in Europe, as a famous photographer of super models,  while blaming capitalism and Nancy Reagan's "Just say no" mantra, for his lack of success. He gave me a business card and tried to sell me headshots.  Any way...

ALICE, is a hopeful actress and musician in her late twenties. She is funny, with a sexy body and very, very cute face. Skin like a baby. The problem is, cute is unacceptable, to the point of lementing needed plastic surgery. Daddy issues emerged to be the source of this obvious low self esteem.

 I did not recall the first time we met, she did. A year earlier she must have been the victim of one my depressing conversations about my ex's psycho condition. I was a wreck, I have no memory of it. She had a psycho ex too and seemed to understand. We agreed to take things slow.

The thing about red flags is, you dismiss them as normal until you realize, there are red flags all over the place. Its tricky. Compared to the ex, Alice's seemed very healthy. However the flags started piling up. Temper tantrums appeared over the dumbest topics, in which she was proven wrong everytime. She began attacking me for being friends with women, who I've known for decades, and even  Facebook gaming friends, I've never spoke to. None are even in this state. Another flag I over looked was, her reaction to a youtube video, I was watching about narcissistic women. She had big a problem with it. When one such argument led to her calling me broken and, throwing my ex in my face, I should have walked. She apologized but before long, did it again with a screaming fit of paranoid accusations.

For many years I've said, if a person accuses you of cheating, and you are not, then they are cheating on you. I learned that the hard way.  Although I have no proof of cheating, she did maintain a relationship with an ex, who lives in her building. He watches her dog and they watched the Superbowl together drinking alcohol. When I tried to explain the insane hypocrisy of  her busting my balls, over a text  from an ancient ex, 3000 miles away, she accused me of being just like her jealous psycho ex, and accused me of taking out my ex's problems on her. It was blantant projection.

Finally, the other day, I passed out after work and called her late. She sucked me into her, not pretty enough, crap. Stupidly, I told her to be thankful because, she could be, the very ugly girl, I saw on set that day, placed next to a ridiculosly beautiful girl. Alice went into asshole mode and accused me of hating women. I couldn't help it, I called her a dumb cunt. Its just true, I can't deny it anymore. She then accused me of being disrespectful and is now giving me the silent treatment. It's not working.

I don't know, if that quailfies her as psycho or not. Psychology needs to get rid of all the labels and make a simple, degree of crazy chart. Maybe even a dating handbook inspired by Richard Simmons, Deal a meal. If you can move 3 of the 20 most common red flags, over to the Psycho side, then you're done dating for the day. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment